EVENT RULES APPLICABLE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS
The following event rules are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits and to be compliant with applicable Tanzanian Association of Athletics regulations.
• Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 3 hours and 10 minutes.
• Each participant must sign an event waiver during packet pickup before participating in the event.
• Participant race number bibs are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/sold to any other person.
• The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bibs is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
• Race entries and ancillary purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable under any and all circumstances.
Packet (bib number) pick-up
• Participants must pick up their own packets at our offices and other allocated areas that will be announced two days before the event. Pick up packets will NOT be provided during the event day.
• Participants must provide receipts upon picking up their packets.
• Participants should preserve the packets and worn correctly during the race. Heart Marathon will not be responsible for any damages caused by the participant.
• Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
• All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event. This means, for example, that urinating or defecating anywhere on or near the course shall be strictly prohibited except in toilet facilities. Anyone violating this rule of conduct shall be disqualified from the event and will be asked to leave the course.
• All participants will be provided with a personally assigned event bib number, which must be conspicuously worn on the front of their running attire throughout the duration of the event. The event bib number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without their appropriate bib number.
• Participants must begin the event during the official recognized start times.
• All participants are assigned a timing device prior to the event in their Participant Packet.
• Official times for participants will be the electronic timing device time (net time) from when the participant crosses the start line to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
• Participants must wear their assigned timing device around their wrist from start line to finish line to receive an accurate finish time.
• In accordance with TAA and IAAF sanctions, athletes are subject to anti-doping rules. An anti-doping rule violation occurring during or in connection with the event may lead to disqualification of the athletes’ individual results, including forfeiture of all awards, points and prizes.
• All times and placements of finish are reviewed and deemed official before cash awards are distributed.
Amendments / Reservations / Acknowledgements
• Event officials reserve the right to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
• Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
• Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prizes and removal from official results.